Friday, November 02, 2007

St. Thomas University

Well dear saints, for the first time I have finally preached on a university campus in Fredericton, my own hometown. I was praying that God would give us good weather for Wednesday seeing that we are rounding the corner towards the winter season, and my prayers were answered, so brother Greg and I quickly gathered ourselves together that day to preach the gospel at St. Thomas University.

It was certainly different preaching on a campus where I recognized, and was recognized by, so many people. Even before we began, I reunited with a friend from a few years ago, and while preaching I saw many familiar faces in the crowd. The long and short of it, I was able to preach for about 15 minutes before the administration approached me, and was able to draw a crowd of about eighty, both student and faculty. I truly believe many people on campus were curious and interested in discussing the things of God that afternoon.

But that wasn't where the day ended: after being taken inside George Martin Hall, immediately a journalist from the campus newspaper gave me a short interview, and next, while I was talking with him, a Religious Studies professor invited me in to speak to his class about my message and Christianity! I praise God that when it seems like men have closed all the doors, He always has others opened.

"Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds: That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak." (Colossians 4:2-4)

What a true honor to be a witness for Jesus Christ amongst my very own peers. Friends, please pray that the doors would indeed be open for the Word to be preached at St. Thomas. Also, pray for the Christians on campus to be encouraged to be bold in their testimony for Christ. May God make us men and women who are martyrs for His glory.

In the service of Jesus Christ,
-Eli

3 comments:

Luke Coughey said...

Eli,

It is awesome to see such positive results in Fredericton. I'm curious to know what results you would get on UNBs main drag.

Anonymous said...

Praise God! That is awesome. I can't wait to hear more.

Blessings,

Miles

Anonymous said...

Praise God brother! That's good to hear about all the open doors. Get over to the Fishin' Fools MB when you get a chance. That guy Scott Kessler is stirring things up again...