Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

It has been a blessed time home this holiday season; resting, reading, relaxing. God has been showing me many things about myself, life, direction... and I've also gained a new appreciation for being on the road! After 3 months of intensive ministry, preaching every day and being totally occupied in the work of the Lord, a long break like this (though welcomed) is rather slow. I am anxious to get back at it this coming semester.

The New Year is always an opportunity for us to focus our thoughts, motives and plans upon God once again and commit our way to Him. "Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." (Psalm 37:5) A life outside the will of God is no life at all. Jesus came that we might have life and that more abundantly! We ought to ask ourselves: are we living that life? What exactly IS that life? How do I obtain such life? These are the questions that I am asking myself at this time of year.

The answer is Jesus Christ. "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3) My prayer is that we would all know Christ intimately, and that we would die to our life and allow His life to live in us. Yes Lord!

January 13 is when I will be flying back to California to begin the journey home. Please pray for:

-the presence of the Holy Spirit with us as we go
-souls to be saved for the glory of God
-protection from evil and the wiles of the devil
-divine strength
-provision for all our needs
-no van trouble

My earnest prayer is that this second half of the trip will be far more glorious than the first. I personally feel that last semester was very much a learning experience and time of experimenting with preaching on campus. Though I know this will continue into the next semester, I want to preach what is right, the right way, in the right place, and see the right results happen. Please pray for me, dear saints.

May God bless you all richly with all wisdom, strength, and power this next year, my friends. You are precious in God's sight. Love your brother in Christ,

-Eli

4 comments:

Brother Paul said...

Great hearing from you, Eli. May the Lord enhance your preaching with wisdom, boldness and supernatural anointing. May hearts of stone break in pieces before the hammer of God's Word.

I thank God for meeting a brother like you. The Body of Christ needs many more believers of your passion. I am blessed to know you.

Brother Paul

Anonymous said...

I thank God for your humble and teachable spirit brother. Keep it up and I look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas in about 2 weeks. God Bless...

Luke Coughey said...

Eli,

May the Lord continue to reveal Himself through your obedience.

Luke

Anonymous said...

Brother,

You are in my prayers.

Greg
www.sermonindex.net