Tuesday, March 07, 2006

More Fruit at the Tannery

Was preaching yesterday and the time spent was well worth it. Many Frederictonians heard God's Word being preached with very few interruptions.

I later talked with a group of young kids on March break, ages around 13 years old. A few of them had never heard the gospel before! All of them admitted to getting drunk and smoking pot and who knows what else... and these are 13 year olds! It was wonderful to talk to them about God and answer different questions they had about His existence, the accuracy of the Bible and the work of Christ. Praise the Lord!

Even better, a man rededicated his life to the Lord Jesus Christ, and he and his wife are now seeking the Lord once again! He was stirred by the preaching over the last few weeks and by what others were saying about it... knowing what was right and what was wrong, he decided to turn from his backslidden state and follow Jesus!

And here's one for Logic: three people are now plugged in newly to a local church!

Another thing that happened: Was summoned over by the police on two different occasions. They wanted to ask me some questions about who I was and what I was doing. The Lord granted me favor with them and they had no problem with the preaching at all. They were polite and even got to listen as I was talking with a young man about the Bible. I believe this is a very positive step in the right direction with the authorities.

Was able to speak with many others, some who I have spoken with before and others new. God is working at the Tannery!

God bless brothers and sisters.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This certainly blows away the criticism by "logic" that was levelled at you a few weeks ago! Gaining the favor and acceptance of the police is also very positive. Keep up the good work of spreading the Gospel!! SHALOM!

T.C. said...

That's awesome brother, keep truckin!

-T

Anonymous said...

Eli,

Do you have a job?

-Logic

Eli said...

"I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." John 9:4

This IS my work.

Anonymous said...

I'll take that to be a no. What do you do for money?

-Logic

Anonymous said...

Logic, do YOU have a job? If so, what is it?

-Dynamic

Anonymous said...

If I may, I believe the point of the job question was merely to keep Eli accountable to the tradition that Paul himself followed. You don't work you don't eat, basically. It's important to appear blameless before everyone so as not to be accused of something without evidense to protect yourself.

Anonymous said...

hey Dynamic,

of course i have a job. I choose to keep in the tradition of Paul.

but I'm not going to tell you what it is because i don't want people on this blog to know where I work. i choose for my identity to remain anonymous.

-Logic

Anonymous said...

The best job there is in Preaching the Gospel!

I'd rather see Eli preach the Gospel and see souls GENUINELY saved than to have a secular job and have to remain silent while people go to hell.

The Bible speaks of giving wages to those who minister spiritual things...

Hence, the tradition of Paul as a tent maker is one thing; the Word of God wlsewhere speaks specifically that a Gospel Minister is able to, with clear conscience, earn a living by the Declaration of the Truth.

Like it not; iot make sno difference.

Truth stands above opinion.

Dan Lirette