Friday, February 17, 2006

Salvation in the Streets!

Last Wednesday a brother and I went preaching out at the Tannery after dark, and almost immediately we were engaged with a few people, talking to them about the Lord and their souls. Not long into the night a young man gave his life to the Lord in repentance and submission, praying for the Blood of Jesus Christ to forgive him of his sins and to give him a new life in the Lord! It was wonderfully encouraging. This is the first salvation I have seen so far since I started preaching at the Tannery back in January.

Also during that night, the other brother with me was able to talk with a young man, practically the whole two hours we were there, about the Bible and some pressing issues the young man had questions about. I thank God for the help and blessing it was having this brother along. It seems the Lord brought him out to talk to this young man specifically, a person I don't believe I could have ministered to very effectively. The Lord knows best!

The next day (the 16th) I went out again in the afternoon and was able to preach to what seemed like 30-40 people all over the streets, people stopping and listening everywhere. About 15 minutes into the preaching an angry drunk man began cursing and swearing, yelling and at me and causing quite a disturbance. But it was about this time that the same brother who came out with me the night before arrived, and was able to calm the man down, who was so angry we both thought he might get violent. He later calmed down and we shook hands, ending the situation in a manner the Lord would be pleased about.

Was able to talk to many people between those two days of preaching, and I believe scores of souls were impacted by the simple preaching and of the Word of God, and by hearing the proclamation of Jesus Christ as the living Son of God. Glory to the Son!

Please continue to pray for this ministry on the streets of Fredericton. The Lord has shown me that there will be "many more souls won" in the future! Praise God.

2 comments:

Micah and Katie said...

AMEN BROTHER...other soul saved!!!! REJOICE!!!

Anonymous said...

Be encouraged Eli, you are doing a good work for the Lord. You are wise to go out with another brother. Jesus always sent his disciples out 2 by 2.
Keep up the good work!!!